Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Project: Red Sonja

A year or two ago when I started going to the gym almost religiously, I named my workout plan "Project: Red Sonja". Not that I want to cosplay her, I just want a barbarian body.
That all went to hell after about 6 months when I started a job (so I had no time) and also busted my shoulder.


Now that I'm freelancing and con season is coming up, I decided to bring the "project" back.
I'll be working out at home this time, but I'm confident I'll manage.

Hygow (known as Drogo to some), my boyfriend, has already started buffing up for the con season. Eating clean and working out 3 times a week, so I felt compelled to do the same.
I've been having a (very) sedentary lifestyle that is just not ok, and I think enough is enough.

I'm not aiming for a thigh gap or unrealistic ideals. I like my body shape and I just want to properly define my muscles. Ripped abs, thick thighs, strong arms. And I know that will take a lot of time and dedication.

I've been contemplating going vegetarian (maybe vegan) to help with the process, cutting animal fats from my diet amongst other things. I'm still debating this, but eating clean is a must. No more using fats while cooking, just water.
Friday was day 1. I did a 45 minute High-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout and started my clean eating plan (That kind of went to hell while working on set this past week and having pizza for dinner and kebabs for lunch though, but I'd rather not starve while on the job).


Here's some inspiration/ motivation. I worked my but off for this cosplay in 2010. I'd love it if I could at least get back to this in a few months.  

I hope to see some improvement by the end of April, when I'll be posing for my next Dr. Sketchy's session. =]

This is the workout I've been doing:


I plan on adding exercises here and there and changing it up a bit once I've got a bit more resistance.

Do any of you have tips for at home workouts or clean eating plans? =]

No comments: